blood is thicker than water
relationships and loyalties within a family are the strongest and most important ones.
Funny how people think blood/biological family is closer than the rest of the world. I would like to disagree. In the past few years and frankly in my entire life, I have grown to find out untrue. In the next few paragraphs I will elaborate why.
1) I have seen my youngest daughter struggle when pushed aside from her biological dad for many years without even batting an eye. But yet my husband now has taken her in and would put her before himself.
2) I have seen my step-children be verbal abused and emotionally manipulated by the mother that borne them, but yet I help them everyday to be strong and be the best they can be. As my husband I will put them before myself.
3) My cousin has gone and left his wife, but I for sure am closer to her than my cousin and proud and will argue with anyone if they disagree she is my cousin. I have her back and she has mine and she is my best friend.
4)My best friend since high school is like my sister also. She is the one I would run too like my cousin to cry on her shoulder to help, because that is the support she gives me. I would choose her before a lot of my family.
5) My father has remarried I guess that’s what he calls it, and how chosen to push us aside a lot for this woman who hates the fact that he has blood family. It is sad but true.
I know some of these might seem petty to some but this is my life and these people that have no blood in their veins as mine are the one I would choose over and over again to keep my life afloat and happy.
So blood is not thicker than water, and by god is anyone disagrees than the only water I want is the murky dirty thick water because that is defiantly thicker than blood.
So today sadly is day 7 of my fight and awareness on verbal/emotional abuse, though my blog might not have much on it from here on out on it, but my fight against abuse still will be strong. I will continue to fight and be vocal about it!
So keep any eye out. I am trying to build an awareness campaign so I will keep it all posted her also. So lets get started with today.
- Criticizing them.
- Giving them the silent treatment.
- Failing to give them real explanations. Giving non-explanations such as “because it is wrong” or “because it is inappropriate” or “because it is a sin”
I am not putting examples today as I hope all that have followed get the understanding and how harsh verbal/emotional abuse can be and it must be stopped and people made aware of.
Sorry so late my computer was updating so it was out of commission for a day. But her is day 6 on the fight against verbal/emotional abuse. I’m going to make this one a bit short as I have to get kiddos to bed and myself for an early day tomorrow.
- Judging or rejecting their friends—labeling them and you
- Using punishments and rewards to manipulate and control them.
- Invading their privacy.
- Under-estimating them.
Examples: Mother commented on social media on a picture of son’s girlfriend and called her a lipstick whore.
Mother comments to other sibling that older sibling hangs around druggies, and she has never met them.
Mother is being ignored by step-daughter after making snide comments and mother then calls daughter and tells her she will fix her motorcycle or four-wheeler just for her and take her places till the daughter agrees and never follows through.
Mother bribes son by telling him she will give him money every paycheck after he has refused to talk to her since she told him he was a disappointment to get him to talk to her.
Mother reads daughters text messages, goes through phone calls, goes through tablets and interrogates because she doesn’t trust the child and what the child does.
This is not the way a child or any person should be treated. And I say again and again, help fight against verbal/emotional abuse. NOBODY deserves to be the doormat.