blood is thicker than water
relationships and loyalties within a family are the strongest and most important ones.
Funny how people think blood/biological family is closer than the rest of the world. I would like to disagree. In the past few years and frankly in my entire life, I have grown to find out untrue. In the next few paragraphs I will elaborate why.
1) I have seen my youngest daughter struggle when pushed aside from her biological dad for many years without even batting an eye. But yet my husband now has taken her in and would put her before himself.
2) I have seen my step-children be verbal abused and emotionally manipulated by the mother that borne them, but yet I help them everyday to be strong and be the best they can be. As my husband I will put them before myself.
3) My cousin has gone and left his wife, but I for sure am closer to her than my cousin and proud and will argue with anyone if they disagree she is my cousin. I have her back and she has mine and she is my best friend.
4)My best friend since high school is like my sister also. She is the one I would run too like my cousin to cry on her shoulder to help, because that is the support she gives me. I would choose her before a lot of my family.
5) My father has remarried I guess that’s what he calls it, and how chosen to push us aside a lot for this woman who hates the fact that he has blood family. It is sad but true.
I know some of these might seem petty to some but this is my life and these people that have no blood in their veins as mine are the one I would choose over and over again to keep my life afloat and happy.
So blood is not thicker than water, and by god is anyone disagrees than the only water I want is the murky dirty thick water because that is defiantly thicker than blood.
Ok so I have to wonder where envy and jealousy come from. I understand that it is a state of mind, but I guess I wonder because I have never really been one to feel it much. In my entire almost 40 years alive I can recall maybe 5/6 incidents, my heart is numb and confused on the feeling I suppose.
Jealousy can be for many reasons and make people act, feel, and say silly things. But when it becomes a problem when people are invading you privacy what do you do then?
Those who know me well know why I ponder on this. Stupidity in my eyes can come hand and hand with the green lil monster. I think when people they should ask themselves-why do I feel this way? why are the people that are making me feel this way doing the things they do? what have I done to make it all happen? why am I so angry? what are my valid points?
If anybody has some insight on this please help me understand.
To start off I have decided to write this because the other day my daughter said she hated someone. I was appalled to hear this! I have tried to teach my children never to use that word hate, as it is a heinous word and a very strong word.
In understanding the definition it has the word dislike in it and can seem a bit unharmful. But intense is the word to focus on. Hatred is not something a person is born with, it is something that is learned. Again see my reason to be appalled by my child, we do NOT use that word for expression in my household. I do not teach my kids to hate anyone or anything.
I believe most people do not see the harm a simple word can do. I also believe even the oldest of old could never comprehend the meaning of hate. I have been through many bad points in my life, but through thee worst I still can never get myself to say I hate the people that did the things they did to me.
Hate is a word that get thrown around very nonchalant which makes this world a bit screwed up in my opinion.
I have seen the biggest and strongest people fall with just a simple word. It can burn into a person like a fiery pick. And yet again it all goes back to my fight against verbal abuse.
Keep the hate down and fight to show the way of a child and our owners of our future to not spread the disease of such a pitiful and useless word or feeling.
So today sadly is day 7 of my fight and awareness on verbal/emotional abuse, though my blog might not have much on it from here on out on it, but my fight against abuse still will be strong. I will continue to fight and be vocal about it!
So keep any eye out. I am trying to build an awareness campaign so I will keep it all posted her also. So lets get started with today.
- Criticizing them.
- Giving them the silent treatment.
- Failing to give them real explanations. Giving non-explanations such as “because it is wrong” or “because it is inappropriate” or “because it is a sin”
I am not putting examples today as I hope all that have followed get the understanding and how harsh verbal/emotional abuse can be and it must be stopped and people made aware of.